The Regional Accounts Director is a field role supporting market access strategy and execution with customers. The person in this role will lead all managed markets activities within assigned regional payors (commercial and Medicare), specialty pharmacies, PBMs, State Medicaid, Medical Groups and other healthcare intermediaries. This role will provide market insights to sales and marketing teams and actively work collaboratively to develop market access strategies and support patient access programs.
The Regional Account Director is jointly responsible for developing and implementing access strategies for targeted customer channels and maintaining strong relationships with key customers. This will require strong coordination with Market Access, Marketing and Sales leadership to ensure aligned goals and objectives.
- Achieve targeted access goals with assigned accounts.
- Incorporating knowledge of dynamic and complex marketplace and business trends to deliver optimal access.
- Developing and executing innovative market access strategies as well as traditional strategies while and assessing customer capabilities.
- Establishing and maintaining regional customer maps effectively ranking customer call priorities/tiering of accounts.
- Develop and execute Strategic Account Plans in cooperation with relevant functions (MSLs, Medical Affairs, Marketing and Market Access).
- Penetrate accounts to uncover business opportunities by developing solid professional relationships with key decision makers.
- Establish strong relationships with Sales teams and provide on-going clear communication to ensure clarity of access positions and support pull-through efforts.
- Arrange for Senior management customer interactions as needed.
- Strong collaboration with field market access counterparts and sales leadership.
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders across the matrixed organization to develop total solutions that meet customer needs and bring value to all parties.
- Penetrate key regional accounts and assigned National accounts to uncover business opportunities by developing solid professional relationships with key decision makers.
- Identify emerging customers and evolve team efforts/focus as needed.
- Ensure processes are in place to drive clear communication with sales teams to ensure clarity of access positions and support pull-through efforts.
- Lead key customer conference planning.
- Operates consistent with Healthcare Compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a Master’s Degree is a strong plus.
- 4-5 years of account management experience, other managed markets experience, or other related experience required.
- Experience working in channels such as large payers, national and regional health plans, state and local governments, PBMs, SPPs, and physician medical groups.
- Prior experience in interfacing with senior health plan executives within assigned geographical area strongly desirable, which include the areas of Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and Rhode Island. Familiarity in managing accounts in the state of Massachusetts particularly critical.
- Candidates must have solid understanding of key public and private payer policy infrastructure, payment methodologies, coverage, health policy trends, and current business challenges.
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives.
- Able to analyze/use data and incorporate understanding into decision criteria.
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency.
- Able to act as an articulate advocate for the market access team.
- Creative/innovative thinker with an understanding of legal/regulatory environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills with demonstrated ability to conceptualize issues and synthesize data to provide strategic direction.
- Model only the highest level of professional behavior and ethics.
- Preference for candidates based in the target regional area and residence in a key metropolitan area within the assigned region is most desirable.